Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Maci Grace Burton May 12, 2010

So as may of you know Kent and I welcomed another Beautiful baby girl into our family in May of 2010. Maci Grace Burton was born on May 12, 2010 weighing in at 5lb 12oz 21 1/2 in long. She had beautiful thick dark hair. For those of you who don't know the story of her birth here it is. Maci was due in the June 20th my pregnancy was going well but my Doctor was keeping a close eye on me because Lexi was 5 week early. So around the 20th of March I was about 25 weeks I was put on bed rest because I was having contractions and going into preterm labor and I was dilated to a 2 1/2 I was on bed rest for 7 weeks and going to Dr Appts 1-2 times a week. During those 7 weeks I continued to contract and dilate the medication the Dr gave me wasn't working. On May 11 I went to my Dr Apt and I was having contractions that day ( I cant really feel my contractions so I don't always know when I am having one my belly just gets really tight) but i had contractions every day but these ones just felt different, so I told the Dr that something about today's contractions just felt different. So he checked me and i was dialated to a 5 1/2, 1/2 a cm more that 3 day earlier so he gave me some meds to help stop the contractions and put me on a monitor and watched the contractions. A hour later he came in and said that the med weren't working and that Kent needed to take me right to IMC hospital to be put on in hospital bed rest. My Dr is at the Riverton Hospital but they cant deliver babies that are earlier than 35 weeks and i was only 32 so he had to send me there. Kent drove me to IMC and got me all checked into Labor and Delivery it was about 1:00 pm, they gave me some more meds but through a IV but I was still having contractions and they weren't slowing down so they upped the dose at about 12:30 am they got the contractions to calm down and they sent me up to the maternity ward to be on bed rest for a week. When I woke up that morning the High Risk Dr they had assigned me to came in and checked me and said that I hadn't progressed at all over night and that he thought that I could go home on Friday. But I just didn't feel good they brought me my breakfast and I just felt sick to my stomach and couldnt eat and I thought I was having contractions, so I called the nurse in and told her I thought that I was contracting and so they brought a monitor up and watched me, but they couldn't see anything. A hour later the resident came up to see me and I told her I didn't fill well and that I was having contractions, she told me she had been watching me and that I wasn't having contractions but that she would check me just in case. The next thing I knew my bed was being unplugged from the wall and I was being wheeled down to labor and delivery, when we got down there the resident told me that I was dilated to a 7 1/2 and that I needed to call Kent and tell him to get here. When Kent arrived they broke my water called the Dr and wheeled me into the OR so they could pass Maci right into the NICU. Maci was delivered so fast that the Dr didn't make it they didn't have time to take the bottom of the bed off , which was a good thing because they didn't even have time to catch Maci and she shot out like a rocket and landed on the end of the bed. Exciting right. Maci in the NICU



Her Breathing tube and Feeding tube, and Rock Star

Sun Glasses!!


Yeah!! She got switched to smaller tubes.

Her Cute little foot with her monitor


My Cute Little BABY GIRL!


Sun Bathing

I love this Picture


All snuggled up.

They would swaddle her up in this thing and she would

always kick her one leg out like this.


Mommy and Maci skin to skin time.

My favorite time of the day.


Her Cute hat the Nurses gave her and i put that cute flower on.



Daddy feeding Maci.


All stretched out!

All her preemie cloths were way to big.


After 2 1/2 long weeks Maci got to come home.


Daddy and his Girls resting in the couch Maci's first day home.









No comments:


Anything Here